As Spring is upon us, many residents have began maintaining their grass, shrubbery and trees. In order to make sure that all of your yard waste collected, here are a few “Do’s and Don’ts” to get you through the season:
- All grass clippings are picked up by the Town’s hauler, Premier Disposal, in accordance with the normal collection schedule.
- Grass clippings should be placed in brown, paper collection bags available at many local retailers or home improvement centers.
- The hauler will not collect any bags that have anything other than grass in them, no matter how little extra material there is. In order for the bags to be collected, it must be grass only.
- Small debris – put in a bucket or garbage can.
- All brush including any off season clean up will be picked up during your scheduled brush collection zone which starts in May.
- Usually from mid-October through December. During off season leaf /brush can be taken to the compost pile on Ramsey Road. THEY SHALL NOT BE PLACED CLOSER THAN 10 FT FROM ANY STORM DRAIN INLET.
- There will be multiple trips through all neighborhoods for the duration of the leaf collection program. If leaves are not out when the crew goes by, they will be picked up next time. The schedule is subject to inclement weather and other municipal emergencies.
- A special springtime leaf collection will be the last week of March and the first week of April.
Please click here to view the 2015 Town Recycling and Brush Collection Schedule. If you have any questions, contact Town Hall at 908-735-8616.