Fire in Lambertville

On Thursday, November 30th at approximately 1948 hours, a detached garage located on and at the rear of 52 Buttonwood Street was found to be on fire. Patrolman Bast observed the structure to be fully engulfed in flames. The structure was unoccupied at the time. With the assistance of Sergeant Memolo, surrounding residents were evacuated safely from their homes.

Lambertville Fire Department arrived soon after and extinguished the fire. The fire was contained to where there was only damage to the structure and immediate area surrounding the structure, which included a swingset and unoccupied parked car along side of the garage. No one was injured.

The fire is still under investigation. Anyone with any information are encouraged to contact the Lambertville Police or the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office.