On Monday, May 4, 2015, the Board of Education approved Hunterdon Central’s budget for 2015-2016.
Hunterdon Central is committed to providing both taxpayer relief and an excellent education for our community’s children. The Board of Education’s commitment to fiscal accountability has resulted in:
- A five year average tax levy decrease of -0.25%
- A five year average operating budget decrease of -0.5%
To reduce costs to taxpayers, the 2015-2016 HCRHS Budget:
- Reduces the general fund budget by 0.76%, or -$455,908.
- Holds the general fund tax levy to an increase of 1.25%, $368,980 below the State cap.
- Holds all departments to zero-increase budgeting for the 9th consecutive year.
- Lowers administrative costs to$1,663,536 below the State regional limit.
- Includes shared services opportunities, revenue-generating initiatives and cost-cutting measures, which result in significant savings for taxpayers.
- Maintains reductions and cost-cutting measures implemented in the 2014-2015 budget.
To provide an excellent education for our community’s children, the 2015-2016 HCRHS Budget:
- Provides a safe, secure learning environment for students and staff.
- Provides an outstanding instructional program that supports high student achievement.
- Supports the needs of At-Risk and Special Education students.
- Sustains and enhances facilities through ongoing maintenance and long-range capital plan.
- Maintains all State-mandated programs.
Details of the 2015-2016 HCRHS Budget, including a powerpoint presentation and video, have been posted on Hunterdon Centrlal’s website, here.
If you have any questions, please contact Acting Business Administration Gymlyn Corbin at:firstname.lastname@example.org