HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2015
4:00 p.m. – Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. – Open Public Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 5:00 p.m. CONVENE:
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, County Financial Officer
- RESOLUTION – Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of Revenue in the County’s 2015 Budget for the SANE/SART Program, in the amount of $56,825.
- RESOLUTION – Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of Revenue in the County’s 2015 Budget for the FY2014 Emergency Management Performance Grant, in the amount of $70,000.
VII. COUNTY ORDINANCES
- PUBLIC HEARING – Approving County Ordinance #2015-01, a plan for the Open Space, Farmland and Historic Preservation plan for the County.
- INTRODUCTION – County Ordinance No. 2015-02, amending the Land Development Standards of Hunterdon County, New Jersey, establishing the review fees to be charged by the County of Hunterdon for Subdivision and Site Plan review by the Division of Planning Services in accordance with County Enabling Act, N.J.S.A. 40:27- 1. Public hearing to be held on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
VIII. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION – Approving a non-profit Open Space Grant Application, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee, with the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, for block 35, Lots 10, 12 and 60, estimated 152 acres, (Higgins Acquisition), in the amount of $429,245.08 and a non-profit Open Space Grant Application with the Raritan Headwaters Association, in the amount of $429,245.08, for a total amount of $858,490.15.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a Municipal Grant Application, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee, for Open Space Trust Funds at the request of Stockton Borough, for the payment of debt service, related to the My Ben Open Space Acquisition, in the amount of $25,000.
- RESOLUTION – Approving an amendment to the proposed Water Quality Management Plan for Sustainable Aquaculture Systems, Inc., and authorizing its submittal to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
IX. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 01, 2015.
- RESOLUTION – Kenneth Ceva appointed full time, Registered Environmental Health Specialist Trainee, Health Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION – Sabrina Heron appointed full time, Inspector Trainee- Mosquito Extermination, Health Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION – Daniel Wyckoff appointed full time, Principal Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Health Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION – Dawn Faltings appointed full time, Principal Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Health Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION – Nancy Hanna, Senior Account Clerk, transferred to the Social Services Division, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION – Leonard Blanco appointed full time, Laborer, Division of Buildings and Maintenance, Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a communication system easement with United Telephone Company of New Jersey, Inc., d/b/a CenturyLink, for ingress and egress over Block 21, Lots 27 and 28 (8 Court Street).
- RESOLUTION – Approving a Subcontract award Agreement with Somerset County, for funds for the Hunterdon County Division of Social Services, of 2015 Work First New Jersey funds, in the amount of $27,335.40, to provide to-work services for Clients eligible for temporary assistance to needy families, general assistance and supplemental nutrition assistance program.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a Collective Bargaining Unit with the Hunterdon Sheriff’s Officers Association, F.O.P. Lodge #94, for the period of January 01, 2012 through January 01, 2016.
- RESOLUTION – Authorizing the elimination of the Hunterdon County Division of Corrections and directing all correctional operations and responsibilities be transferred to the Office of the Hunterdon County Sheriff effective December 01, 2015.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a renewal agreement with VISION EyeMed.
- PROCLAMATION – Recognizing Jacob Ben Nemeth for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION – Recognizing Elizabeth M. Rice for having served on the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- PROCLAMATION – Bereavement recognition of Frank Curcio, volunteer on the Cultural and Heritage Commission since 1998.
- PROCLAMATION – Recognizing John Kuhl for having served on the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION – Approving an Operating and Non-Operating Assistance Agreement with NJ Transit for 2016, for Section 5311 funds, in the amount of $200,000 ($100,000 – Federal funds; $50,000 – NJ Transit and a County Match – $50,000).
- RESOLUTION – Approving a State/Community Partnership and Family Court Services Award Notice with the New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission, in the amount of $283,709 for 2016, ($132,544 in State funds; $55,550 in Management funds and $95,615, in Court Service funds).
- 01. Jerseyman, requesting permission to hold their 9th Jerseyman Triathlon on Sunday, May 22, 2016, using various County roads around Round Valley.
- East Amwell Township, letter of support for the Ridge at Back Brook to pursue a PGA or USGA Golf Tournament to be place at their course.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)