The New Jersey Department of Transportation today announced that overnight weekend ramp closures will occur starting this weekend on I-80 for a guiderail replacement project throughRoxbury, Mount Arlington, Jefferson, Rockaway, Wharton, Denville and Parsippany-Troy Hills.
Beginning at 8 p.m. this Friday (July 14) until 6 a.m. Saturday (July 15), and continuing overnight on Saturday and Sunday until Monday mornings for the next several weekends, DOT’s contractor J.F. Creamer and Son, is scheduled to temporarily close ramps on Route 80 in Morris County to replace and upgrade guiderail parapets.
As part of the ongoing guiderail replacement project overnight weekend ramp closures and detours are required on the following dates.
Weekend 1: July 14 – July 16
Exit 37: I-80 westbound ramp to Green Pond Road detour:
- Route 80 westbound traffic will be directed to Exit 35A to Mount Hope Avenue
- Turn left for the entrance onto Route 80 eastbound after crossing over Mount Hope Avenue
- Take exit 37 from Route 80 eastbound, back on to Green Pond Road
Exit 38: Route 46 westbound ramp to I-80 westbound (Denville) detour:
- Route 46 westbound traffic will be directed to continue on Route 46 westbound
- Bear right onto East Main Street
- Turn right onto Wall Street
- Turn right onto Church Street
- Turn left onto Halsey Avenue
- Turn right onto Hibernia Avenue/CR513
- Bear left onto Green Pond Road
- Turn left onto Route 80 westbound
Weekend 2: July 21 – July 23
Exit 38: I-80 eastbound ramp to Route 46 eastbound detour:
- I-80 eastbound traffic will be directed to Exit 42C eastbound/Parsippany
- Merge onto Route 202 North/I-80 westbound
- Bear right for entrance to I-80 westbound/Cherry Hill Road
- Bear right for Exit 42B Route 46/Parsippany/Cherry Hill Road
- Turn Right onto 46 eastbound
Exit 39: I-80 westbound ramp to Route 46 eastbound detour:
- I-80 westbound traffic will be directed to Exit 37 – Route 80 westbound/Green Pond Road
- Make a right onto Green Pond Road
- Make a right for the entrance onto Route 80 eastbound
- Take Exit 38 onto Route 46 eastbound
Weekend 3: July 28 – July 30
Route 15 northbound to I-80 eastbound:
- No Detour, ramp will remain partially open with all traffic shifted to the left
Weekend 4: August 4 – August 6
Route 15 southbound to I-80 eastbound:
- No Detour, ramp will remain partially open with all traffic shifted to the Right
The $8 million federally-funded Route 80 project in Morris County includes the replacement of guiderail parapet connections at Exit 37, Exit 38, and Exit 39, as well as several Route 15 ramps. The project is being accomplished overnight on several weekends, and is expected to be completed in August.
Variable message signs are being utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the guiderail replacement project.
Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road or ramp closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.orgfor real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.