We hope you’re soaking in those last rays of summer sun—because fall will be here before we know it! At Raritan Valley Community College, fall classes begin Wednesday, September 6. And believe it or not, there’s still time to register! Whether you’re a “late decider” or simply feel inspired to make an investment in your future at this very moment, our last-minute enrollment guide will walk you through the college admission process at RVCC. You’re just five simple steps away from enjoying the best RVCC has to offer!
1. Register For An Information Session
If you already know that you want to attend RVCC this fall, skip this step and head straight to step 2. If you’re still considering your options, register for an Admissions Information Session & Campus Tour. Here, you’ll find out about RVCC’s various college degrees and college certificate programs. You’ll also learn how to apply, discover payment options, and tour our vibrant campus in Somerset County, New Jersey. Simply choose a date below and follow the link to register.
- Thursday, August 10, 10am, Conference Center, Room 101
- Tuesday, August 22, 10am, Conference Center, Room 101
- Thursday, August 24, 4 pm, College Center Atrium
2. Apply Online
Get that application in! It only takes about 20 minutes to apply online. Simply choose the type of student you are (first time, transfer, returning, etc.), complete the application, and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee.
3. Determine Your College Placement
Once your application is in—but before you register for classes—you’ll need to take the English and Math Accuplacer test if you plan to be a full-time student or take a class with math or English prerequites. Accuplacer is a computer-based test that uses adaptive technology to personalize your experience. To opt out, you’ll need to provide proof of minimum SAT or ACT scores or college level classes credit. No appointment is needed for testing. Simply visit our Testing Center during the posted hours, bring a picture ID, and allow about 2.5 hours to complete the test.
4. Register For Classes
Once your application has been submitted and your college placement is done, the next step is to register for classes. If you are a first-time RVCC student you’ll need to attend ROARS—Raritan’s Orientation, Advising, & Registration Session. ROARS helps you identify resources to ensure your success, register for classes, and get your RVCC experience off to the right start.
Upcoming ROARS sessions include:
- Wednesday, August 9, 12:30-5pm, Atrium
- Wednesday, August 16, 12:30-5pm, Grand Conference Center
- Wednesday, August 23, 12:30-5pm, Grand Conference Center (Final ROARS Session)
Register for ROARS here.
If you have already attended College and plan to transfer credits to RVCC, you need to meet with an academic advisor to register for classes. Click here for office hours and how to make an appointment.
5. Make Your Payment
Next it’s time to pay your tuition and fees via one of the following methods. Note that a $50 late fee is required two weeks before the first day of the start of the term.
Pay tuition and fees using a credit card through our secure online payment system. The system requires you to have a student ID number, which will be sent to you after you apply.
- Lion’s Den (Active RVCC student ID# and password required)
- Student Account Payment (Credit card payment for students with inactive or no Lion’s Den account)
- Parents Pay Tuition Now (Students must create a Parent Account to allow parent access)
- Higher One Tuition Installment Payment Plan (Allows you to spread out payments over the semester. Must apply online)
Stop by the Finance Office cashier’s window, located on the first floor of the College Center. Hours can be found here. Accepted forms of payment include:
- Check or Money Order made payable to “RVC College”
- Visa, Mastercard or Discover
Send Check or Money Order made payable to “RVC College” to:
Raritan Valley Community College
Attn: Finance Office
P.O. Box 3300
Somerville, NJ 08876
Attention: Finance Department
We hope to see you on campus this fall!