Animals, art and live music take center stage at the Hunterdon Art Museum’s second annual “HAM It Up,” a family-friendly community day celebration on Sunday, May 3 from noon to 4 p.m.
HAM will preview its summer camp programs, and staff and faculty will lead children through a variety of arts-and-crafts projects.
Children can participate in walking pig races, where they will lead toy pigs down Lower Center Street. Winners will receive a gift card for a free pink HAM sundae, courtesy of Just Chill.
Flavorganics, sponsor of HAM It Up, will bring its organic syrups to enjoy, and Basil Bandwagon Natural Market will also help concoct these unique beverages.
Visitors can enjoy the sounds of 1970s-era Country Rock by Citizens Band Radio, performing their original tunes in a rare local appearance on HAM’s terrace. Sharing the stage will be New Jersey-based singer/songwriter Collin J. Rocker.
Om Clinton will lead a yoga demonstration, and Nourish to Heal will present an informative and fun family activity.
Unity Bank is also sponsoring this event, and Edible Jersey Magazine is the event’s media sponsor. We’d like to thank Quick Chek and Hunterdon Tech Support for their donations.
Children will also have the opportunity to:
- Set up and grow a pizza garden with Margaret Noon from School Lunch Farm, based in Hackettstown.
- Create “Herb Seed Bombs” — gumball-sized seed balls for your garden — with Emily Hennelly of Anythyme Farm in Mendham.
- Visit the service miniature horses from Hope’s Promise, an organization that provides therapy to a wide range of children and adults with disabilities through equine activities.
- Check out the alpacas from the Bluebird Alpaca Farm and enjoy a fun activity with wool.
Also at the event:
- Raritan Headwaters Association and Red Mill Museum Village will also participate.
- Perfect Snaque will have delicious kale chips.
- Chocodiem will offer chocolate pig lollipops.
- Grow-a-Row will present a farm-related activity.
Entry is $10 per person or $20 for a family. Please note that Lower Center Street will be closed the day of the event.
Click on the logos to learn more about our sponsors: