HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2015
4:00 p.m. – Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. – Open Public Session
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
“This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, THE HUNTERDON COUNTY NEWS and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss various legal issues.
- To discuss various personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, Chief Financial Officer
- RESOLUTION – Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2015 County Budget, for the FY2013 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMAA), in the amount of $70,000.
VI. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION – Approving Requisition #27858, using State Contract #A-83905, with ESS, Inc., for a microwave system for the Division of Emergency Services/Communications, in the Public Safety and Health Services Department, in the amount of $118,902.99.
- RESOLUTION – Approving Requisition #IT.4054, using State Contract #A-83899, with New Jersey Business Systems, for Radio Communications Equipment and Service Term Contract; along with Microwave upgrade; for the Information Technology Division, in the amount of $331,179.52.
- RESOLUTION – Authorizing the award of Bid #2015-25, to furnish and deliver one (1) Electric Narrow Aisle S Class Reach Truck, with A.J. Jersey, for the Information Services Division, in the amount of $51,470.
VII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION – Approving a Grant Agreement and Deed of Easement for the Lambert Farm, LLC, on Block 3, Lot 16, in West Amwell Township, estimated 52.6410 acres, (SADC-$356,905.98; County-118,968.66; Township- $118,968.66); total amount of $594,843.30.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a Grant Agreement and Deed of Easement for Hill and Dale Farm I, Block 38, Lot 1.04, in Tewksbury Township, consisting of 90.360 acres, (SADC-$916,684.20; County-$206,703.30; Township- $0; NJCF-$404,419.50); total amount of $1,527,807.
- INTRODUCTION – Approving an ordinance for the Open Space, Farmland and Historic Preservation plan for the County. Public Hearing to be held on Tuesday, December 01, 2015, at 5:30 p.m., in the Freeholders’ Meeting Room.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 04, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of October 06, 2015.
- RESOLUTION – Greg Vaccarino appointed full time, Public Health Investigator, Health Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a settlement agreement and mutual release with the CWA, Local 1036.
- RESOLUTION – Approving the CWA Supervisors’ Memorandum of Agreement.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a professional services agreement with Strunk Albert Engineering, for the design of the wash bay and water reclaim system at the South County Garage, in an amount not to exceed $13,100.
- RESOLUTION – Approving State Change Order #1, County Bid #2015- 13, for the Replacement of Bridge C-26, on Cratetown Road over Prescott Brook, in Clinton Township, with Kalogridis Contracting, LLC, decrease of $25,200.
- RESOLUTION – Approving an agreement with West Amwell Township to accept Culvert R-58, on Rocktown-Lambertville Road with the County compensating for reconstruction in the amount of $16500. The County relinquishes all ownership, maintenance and jurisdictional control of R-58 to West Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION – Approving the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2015-031, to furnish and deliver a High Pressure Concrete Pump/Mixer or approved equivalent.
- RESOLUTION – Approving the plans and specifications for the reconstruction of County Culvert FU-5, on Clinton- Pittstown Road (County Route 513), over the Capoolong Creek, in Franklin and Union Townships.
- RESOLUTION – Urging the governments of the United States, New York and New Jersey to agree on a plan to fund the design, engineering and construction of the Gateway Project to shepherd the Gateway Trans-Hudson Tunnel project, and determine the funding strategy to design and build the project with all haste and expediency.
- RESOLUTION – Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2015- 14, for the Deck Replacement on Bridge J-1, on County Route 512 (Main Street), in Califon Borough, with CMS Construction, decrease of $38,526.75.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a drainage easement for the Reconstruction of County Route 637/620 to Harlan School Road, with Ilias Dorziotis and Areti Manola, Block 57, Lot 11.02 in Readington and Branchburg
Townships, in the amount of $940.
- RESOLUTION – Approving a drainage easement for the Reconstruction of County Route 637/620, with Calvary Bible Church of North Branch, Block 67, Lot 19.29, in Readington and Branchburg Townships, in the amount of $284.
- RESOLUTION – Approving the appointment of William Harclerode to the Hunterdon County Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee, three year term.
- RESOLUTION – Kelly Daniels appointed full time, unclassified Assistant Prosecutor, Prosecutor’s Office.
- Samuel Fleming House Museum and Garden, a non-profit requesting permission to hold a Tricky Tray Fundraiser at the historic Court House, on Friday, December 04, 2015, to sustain the museum, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., with set up starting at 9:00 a.m.
XI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)