VAPE EXPLODES IN READINGTON
October 30, 2017
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 1353 hours, the Readington Township Police responded to a residence on South Branch Drive to assist the Whitehouse Rescue Squad with a 19 year old male suffering burns from an exploding vape cigarette. The male stated that he was walking into his house, when for unknown reasons, the vape battery in his rear pants pocket began to spark and caught fire. The squad transported the male to Saint Barnabas hospital for treatment. The Whitehouse Fire Department responded to evaluate minor burn damage to the floor of the residence.