SECTION 00 11 13 – ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
- Notice is hereby given that sealed bids will be received by the North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District, Annandale, New Jersey, for Classroom Alterations at Voorhees High School.
- Sealed bids will be received for the following contract:
- Overall Single Prime (all of the work, Lump Sum, All Trades, All Inclusive)
- Bids for the above Contract will be received by the Owner in the District Offices located at 1445 State Route 31, Annandale, New Jersey 08801, until 11:00 a.m.; Local Time, on May 5, 2015, and will be publicly opened and read aloud immediately thereafter. No bids shall be received after the time designated in this advertisement. Bidding shall be in conformance with the applicable requirements of the Public School Contracts Law, N.J.S.A. 18A18A-1 et seq.
- Bidding Documents may be examined online by visiting www.usaplanroom.com. A link will direct you to USA Architect’s contract printer FLM Reprographics’ “PlanWell System”, where the documents may be viewed. Bid Documents may be purchased or ordered for pick-up online for the non-refundable fee of $150.00 for each paper set or $40.00 for each digital set. The Online system will accept payment by major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express), or COD for pick-up. Documents may be sent prepaid through Federal Express or UPS. Bid Documents will be made available after 2:00 P.M. on April 2, 2015.
- Documents will also be made available at FLM Reprographics, 741 Alexander Road, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, 609-987-0666, Contacts: Jeff Zanin, Bob Strom. Bidders SHOULD call 24 hours in advance to ensure Bid Documents will be available.
- Bids must be submitted on the proposal forms in the manner designated, enclosed in a sealed envelope bearing the name and address of Bidder and proposal identification on the outside, and must be delivered to the Business Administrator at the above place, by the hour named. The Board and the Board’s Architect or Engineer assume no responsibility for bids mismailed or misdirected.
- Bids must be accompanied by certified check, cashier’s check or Bid Bond drawn to the Order of the “North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District” for not less than ten percent (10%) of the amount of the bid, but in no case in excess of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000).
- Each bidder shall submit with its bid, a Certificate of Consent of Surety as per N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-25 from a Surety company stating that it will provide the bidder and all subcontractors, if successful, with a performance/payment bond in the full amount of the contract.
- No bidder may withdraw his bid within 60 days after the actual date of the opening thereof, N.J.S.A 18A:18A-36a. The Owner reserves the right to extend this date as negotiated with the potential low bidder.
- The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive informality in the bidding if it is in the best interest of the Owner to do so and to award contracts only to those whose proposal is deemed by the Owner to be most advantageous to the interest of the public.
- Attention of Bidders is particularly called to the requirements of employment to be observed and minimum wage rates to be paid under the Contract pursuant to N.J.S.A. 34:11-56.25 et seq.
- Bidders are required to comply with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et. seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27. In accordance with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 10:5-33, all Bidders are placed on notice that they are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, Chapter 127. (NJAC 17:27.).
- If the bid exceeds $20,000.00, all bidders shall pre-qualify as required by the State of New Jersey, Department of the Treasury, Division of Property Management and Construction, and each bid shall be accompanied by a valid Notice of Classification, a certified Statement of Uncompleted Contracts and an Affidavit of No Material Adverse Change pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-27 through 18A:18A-33. Bidders shall be prequalified in Category C008 or C009.
- Pursuant to the “Public Works Contractor Registration Act” (P.L. 1999, c238), bidders and their subcontractors are required to be registered with the New Jersey Department of Labor and to possess a current certificate by said Department indicating compliance with the Act. Bidders are notified of this requirement of their compliance. If, at the time of the contract, the certificate from the department has not been received by the bidder, proof of application along with the cancelled check for the application fee shall be provided to the Board of Education in lieu of such certificate. Once the certificate is received, a copy of same shall be delivered forthwith to the Board of Education.
- Bidders will be required to submit with their bids an Ownership Disclosure Statement listing the names of all owners of 10% or more of their stock or partnership shares, a Non-Collusion Affidavit, and a Contractor Questionnaire/Certification. The bid package will include other documents that must be completed and returned with the bid. Failure to comply with the Instructions to Bidders and to complete and submit all required forms may be cause for disqualification and rejection of the bid.
- Bidders shall possess a valid Contractor’s Business Registration Certificate at the time the bid is received.
BY ORDER OF THE NORTH HUNTERDON-VOORHEES REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Annandale, New Jersey